Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Okay, I'm a few minutes behind...
Nate and I were tallying up what we've done in the past decade, and I thought I'd write it on here to remind myself when I'm 80 (since this blog is my journal of sorts)! :)
We started 2000 as newlyweds (we'd been married less than 5 months) with our friends the Grabers and the Wilsons at a party at our apartment. James almost blew his hand off throwing some fireworks off of our balcony. We were celebrating the fact that the world didn't fall apart at the strike of midnight like "everyone" predicted. Good times...
Then we...
moved 7 times.
had 5 children.
lost 2 children.
changed jobs (Nate) 9 times & (Colleen) 3 times.
bought a house.
tried to sell our house.
graduated from nursing school (Colleen); attended and graduated from seminary (Nate).
Not all necessarily in that order... but not bad for 10 years, huh? :)
When you take a test to find out how many stressors are occurring in your life, the top stressors are :moving, job changes, having children, losing children, buying a house, and attending college.
Right now I'm just grateful that God has brought us closer together through all of these major stressors and that we are (hopefully) looking forward to a slightly less stressful new year! :) I hope all of you are blessed in the new year also!

No comments:

Post a Comment