Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kitchen Day and I am a Recipeaholic...




I have done this on a smaller scale before, but since I needed to make food for several families in our church and I knew we'd have some busy weeks ahead because of having company and travelling, I decided to spend most of the day cooking 2 weeks ago. This is what the kitchen looked like... I made 6 loaves of bread, pie crusts for the freezer, chicken and broth, browned 5 lb. of ground beef, cooked 10 lb. of chicken breasts, made yogurt, spaghetti sauce (a huge stockpot of it), and I was going to make salsa but realized (after prepping all the cans and lids) that my canning utensils were still at the friend's house that I loaned them to (oops!). I don't have the freezer space for that many jars of salsa (and I was using the huge cans of tomatoes from Sam's, so I would have to make a lot at once), so I'll do that later. I also just got my MOMYS cookbook- I have been waiting forever to get one, and it is AMAZING. So I'm sure I'll have plenty of new recipes to try out and freeze soon... :)


1 comment:

  1. I have my MOMYS too! Of course, I haven't used it yet...but I HAVE it and that's what counts. Amanda's family is pictured in the cookbook, their last name is Friedl - so now you can show people and say "See - that's my friend Caryn's friend" and feel very special....lol!

    ReplyDelete