Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Meet Gloria















Our new puppy (yes, I know what you're thinking... 4 kids, homeschooling, trying to sell your house and look for a new one, and pregnant with #5... am I crazy?)... well, she's actually Katy's new puppy. She bought Gloria with all of her money from birthdays and holidays, and she is primarily taking care of her. Katy had been asking for a puppy for months, and had proven herself to be responsible enough in caring for our other dog, Sadie. So when we saw Gloria at one of the Amish stores that I shop at (some Amish boys had converted their lemonade stand into a puppies for sale stand!), Nate actually was the one to initiate the discussion about getting her- and here she is! She was about 6 weeks old and very cuddly and cute- but feisty enough to have fun with Sadie, too! I know it looks like Sadie could eat Gloria, but she's so gentle with her... Gloria is the one who initiates the playing and Sadie loves it! And, I threw in that picture of Stephen because I just happened to have the camera handy when he sat on her. He does it on a weekly basis (he uses her for a pillow at least once a day, too!), and I cannot believe she puts up with it!
Anyway, back to the puppy... Katy wanted to name her Morning Glory, but after thinking what a mouthful that was, she shortened it to Gloria. Gloria has actually grown a lot in just 3 weeks, but I don't have an update picture, so you'll just have to appreciate how cute she is in these... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment