Monday, June 29, 2009

For those of you wondering...

We still haven't sold our house. We had a couple that absolutely loved it and then they found out they couldn't get approved for the loan... so, back to square one. For now we are going to focus on finishing off the downstairs bedroom (our friend Reid helped Nate install a new window... it's fabulous! So much better than the old one!), and Reid is going to give Nate pointers on finishing the walls and ceiling- we're just doing it bit by bit as we have extra $, so this may take awhile! :)

Our garden is doing great... I need to post some pictures! We did 8 tomato plants in an upside down patio feeder on our deck, and we have many baby tomatoes that we oooh and aaah over every day. The green beans are trying to reach over our fence (this is my first time with pole instead of bush beans), and seem to like the chain link method of climbing... I didn't even have to train them- just stuck the seeds in the ground and they knew what to do! The same goes for the sugar snap peas... yum! Our zucchini plants are huge, we have flowers on our pepper plants, onions and carrots are thriving, and what else... oh! We have watermelon and cantalope, too- for fun! :)

The kids are doing well- Stephen loves "helping" with just about anything these days. Nate was bringing the dog crate inside and Stephen immediately went to the door and grabbed the front of it- and proceeded to help him carry it to the girls room! What an amazing thing to see this "little man" (as we call him) take such joy in performing feats of strength... we get a kick out of it every day. Nobody can convince me now that boys and girls are the same. They're kidding themselves!!! Stephen also is still in love with trains, cars, trucks, airplanes, and tractors. Everytime he hears a motor, he's scanning the window or looking all around if we're outside, and then pointing very insistently and saying "uh uh uh!!!!

Erin is riding her bike on her own now! She took right off with it the day I took the training wheels off. I held on while she did 2 circles in the driveway, and then she was ready! What a brave and strong girl! Now she just needs to teach her sisters... :) She is really enjoying painting at this stage and wants to paint all of the time.

Hannah is reading all sorts of things now. She's not to the point of sitting and reading a whole book, but she'll breeze through one and pick out which pages she wants to read (usually the ones that involve horses) and then read them to herself or Stephen. She still adores all things horses- I don't think she's going to outgrow this love! She is becoming quite a beautiful young lady- she's right in the middle of a growth spurt, and she's not much shorter than Katy now!

Katy is reading everything she can get her hands on. And I'm talking 200- 300 page books in one or two days... just reading at night! I laugh at how much she reminds me of me at her age. It's amazing to see! She has also been coming up with things that she wants specifically for her birthday. It changes all the time, though- so I have to wait to plan things to make sure it's what she really wants! So far, the only thing I've got nailed down is that she would like to have her friend Laura sleep over (it would be her first official sleepover party). Can it be that she is really turning 8? I can't believe it!

Everything is going well with our new little one, too! Besides not enjoying the recent heat snap, I've had no complaints (does anyone else feel 10 degrees hotter while pregnant?). I am getting my weekly progesterone shots from poor Natie- who apologizes profusely the whole time he's giving them. I tell him not to worry, but he hates hurting me (not that I'm a big baby about it or anything!). I don't even mind them that much... they really work to prevent my preterm labor symptoms, so I am so thankful for them!

Okay, I've gotta go get everyone up... today's Nate's day off, and we have yard work planned. If we work together as a team, we should have time for fishing tonight (the girls each caught a fish last week on the first fishing jaunt of the year, so hopefully we'll have the same results!).

3 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry, but I'm not sure if I knew you were pregnant! Do you know what you're having? When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Just saw the upper corner. 107 days to go. So.... that's about 3 1/2 months... so you are about 6 months along! right? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Leah! :) I'm due around October 16, but I'll probably have the baby the last week of September (at least, I have to plan that way!) because 3 out of 4 were born at 37 weeks. So, I'm starting to feel the pressure to get stuff out and ready- and come up with a boy name (just in case!)!

    ReplyDelete