












We had a great Thanksgiving up in Lansing. It's always such a fun time! The Lansing Harlans were able to meet Rebekah, and Erin had her family bday party. This was the first time that we didn't have snow when we were up there for Thanksgiving... In fact, when I was loading up the van, I said that. Then Hannah responded with "Oh, no, Mamma- I'm quite certain that there is always snow on Thanksgiving in Lansing." Soooo cute!
After Thanksgiving things got a little crazy. We went to stay at Nate's parents for a few days because Nate was going to preach at a church near there on Sunday. One by one the children became ill- then Bekah and I and eventually Nate all were sick in one form or another. We're still trying to recover. We also had our transmission go out- lots of fun! We're still figuring out whether we should just get a new van or not. We actually drove up to Villa Park (a town right by where my mom grew up and that I grew up visiting my grandparents in) to test drive a van that was a great deal. It was over 3 hours to get there and they knew we were coming. Guess what? They couldn't find the keys and it was going to take them at least until the next day to get a guy in to make some more. At least we got to see the skyline at Christmas (Erin came with and absolutely loved it!) with all of the red and green lights up. I love Chicago at Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment