Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall is here!

We have gotten out the fall clothes, decorations, pumpkin and cinnamon apple candles, and made our chai tea, mocha and hot cocoa recipes to be ready for the cooler weather. We all love fall, so we can't wait for the long walks in the woods and the drives through Amish country to enjoy the leaves. I've already made some applesauce (I couldn't even can it because we were all so eager for it that we ate almost all of it- I froze the tiny bit leftover for when the baby comes to serve with stew to Diana and Kelly if it's during the day), and I hope to make more this week after grocery shopping. At $12 a bushel, you can't go wrong! We ate half of the bushel fresh and I cooked up two big batches of apple slices with my granola, a few dabs of butter and some brown sugar over it for breakfast... I started out doing an 8x8 pan the first day and didn't have enough to get the children full- so I switched to my 10x11 and had just enough- and Nate didn't have any because he had a meeting that morning. My oh my do we love apples and fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment