Sunday, February 8, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (February 9, 2009)...
Outside my window...
it's still dark- and it's getting warmer again- highs in the 50's today and 60's tomorrow are cause for great celebration around here!
I am thinking...
that we need to get the bike pump fixed because I know those bikes are coming out today!!!
I am thankful for...
the warm weather (can you tell we're excited to have a bit of spring?)! :)
From the learning rooms...
science will be all outdoors the next two days, and we are finishing up Tree in the Trail... I think Pagoo is next. We are really enjoying the Holling C. Holling books! Math is going really well still- I'm so thankful for that! We finished Five Children and It and are reading Five Little Peppers and How They Grew. It's great that every time we finish a book we are actually sad to see it end because we have loved all of them!
From the kitchen...
blueberry smoothies and breakfast cookies, leftover pasta carbonara for lunch, and something easy for dinner- sandwiches, maybe? I want us to enjoy every minute outside that we can!
I am wearing...
my jean skirt with my gym shoes (stylish, aren't I?) and a sweater over a long sleeve pink tee shirt. I am planning on running around with the kids all day, so what can I say? :)
I am creating...
a new skirt for spring/summer- and if it goes well, 4 more! I found a really easy tutorial online that only takes about an hour per skirt. I'm halfway through with this one, and it took me 25 minutes! Woo hoo!
I am going...
to the fabric store today to get some specialty fabric that our fabric area in Wal-mart doesn't carry.
I am reading...
The Bible and listening to the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin (thanks to Librivox!) and also listening to a collection of Longfellow's from Librivox. I'm telling you, I absolutely love them for doing this project!
I am hoping...
that just the right person makes an appointment to see our home soon! But, I know that is in God's hands, so I am content to wait and see what happens. Either way, let Him be glorified!
I am hearing...
the birds starting to chirp- they know spring is coming, too!
Around the house...
I have everything straightened up from having the flu all last week. That's a huge relief! It's just exhausting to keep everything picked up at every minute of the day just in case we get a last minute showing (we already had that happen once- it was crazy!).
One of my favorite things...
Supermom vitamins. Where would I be without them (shudder!)?
A few plans for the rest of the week:
we're doing any outside work that needs done today ( a little lattice work under the deck needs replacing, and I'm going to try to get things tidy). We have a busy week of meetings and getting caught up on school, so I don't think we'll be doing much else besides that!
Here is picture thought I am sharing... 2 years ago at this time!

See more Daybooks at Peggy's site... http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment