FOR TODAY (January 19, 2009)... Outside my window... Snow and more snow! I love it!!! We keep getting little sprinkles, which keeps it from getting brown and gray and slushy everywhere- and we have over a foot on the ground, so it's beautiful.
I am thinking... about how much I love our church family. Yesterday's fellowship meal flew by so fast, I wish it could've gone on all day!
I am thankful for... God's provision. I am always amazed when He provides for each need so specifically... yet, I shouldn't be surprised by that, right? :)
From the learning rooms... Nate is teaching the kids today! I think this is the first time he's ever done it... I know he'll be fine! I am working to organize and pack the rest of the garage and workshop area so it will look neat and tidy for pictures (and be ready for a move, Lord willing!).
From the kitchen... Oatmeal with dried apples, cream, and raw honey for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch with carrots and ranch dip, and taco salad for dinner.
I am wearing... my turtleneck sweater with 2 shirts under it and jeans with thick socks and my winter boots... and I'll put on my gloves and hat after this! It's cold in the garage!
I am creating... ideas in my head of how I want to decorate the farmhouse should we get it (ie. what to do for curtains, etc...). If we end up staying here, I'd like to put my ideas into action anyway! :)
I am going... to Wal-mart to get some boxes right now. If you show up at 5 am, everyone is done unloading and they're free for the taking.
I am reading... the Bible! What could be better?
I am hoping... that the weather holds up for small group on Thursday. It will be at the Mergy's, and we're all looking forward to it!
I am hearing... nothing. Everyone is still asleep!
Around the house... I have to do a thorough clean and straighten of each room before our meeting with the realtor so she can take pics. At least I just did that Friday, so it won't take very long... as long as the kids don't undo all of it! :)
One of my favorite things... hot tea with honey and a bit of cream on a cold morning.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Try to focus on a few things at a time- it's easier not to get frazzled that way. I'm reminding myself, by the way... not telling you what to do! :)
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Katy's sewing machine, complete with pillow she is making for Miss Rachel (she did the other seams by hand and attached the picture by hand without me knowing!) I'm so proud of her!

See more Daybooks at Peggy's site... http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
I better not show my young girls that little sewing machine! They'd want one! How delightful!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your daybook.
Good luck, I don't envy you in your packing and house selling. One of the world to my mind is moving.
ReplyDelete