FOR TODAY (January 5, 2009)... Outside my window... The sun is shining, and we're hoping to see the birds soon at our new feeder.
I am thinking... about how my garden plans really depend upon which house we're in this spring. It would be nice to get a buyer for this house soon so I can plan for a big garden, but if we'll still be here I'll try to do some lettuce and maybe pot some tomatoes at least! God is so good to us either way!
I am thankful for... my big pantry. I converted a closet in the dining room into a pantry when we moved back in here, and I love that it frees up the rest of the cabinets for baking equipment. It's so much easier to stay organized when you have enough space for everything to have a place.
From the learning rooms... today is the start of school again! I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time. I wonder if the girls have forgotten anything over break, but I'm looking forward to covering the Renaissance and Reformation with them, too!
From the kitchen... baked oatmeal, grilled cheese with tomato soup for lunch, dried cherries and nuts for snack, and barbeque chicken pizza with salad for dinner (made with last night's leftover chicken). I need to make a batch of yogurt and some granola, too.
I am wearing... My jean skirt and a white shirt. Simple, but not frumpy! :)
I am creating... my lists of gardening needs. I love the anticipation and planning that goes into my garden!
I am going... up to Rentown on Tuesday. I went to the BIG Amish bulk store in Shipsewana with our family on Saturday, but they were out of a few things. Probably because they had the whole store's inventory on sale for (surprise!) 30% off!!! That's huge- they already have really good prices, so they don't need to do sales. But, boy I'm glad they had the one day suprise sale the day we went! Essentially, I received almost 7 pounds of colby jack cheese and 25 pounds of unbleached bread flour for free!
I am reading... gardening catalogs still. Shumway's is still my favorite, though!
I am hoping... to get the boxes out of the basement and into the garage tonight while Nate has his meeting... and then pack some more!
I am hearing... the girls giggling as they do morning chores and Stephen fussing because Nate is not playing with him (he adores him!).
Around the house... cleaning that needs done, laundry, too... I better get going! I appreciate taking Sundays to rest, but Monday does get a little more tricky with twice the cleaning to do! :)
One of my favorite things... hearing Erin sing "Amazing Grace" at the top of her lungs when she is alone in her room. I love her soooo much!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Pack more non-necessities, deep clean each room as I pack (again), pray for guidance concerning whether we list with a realtor and when (Nate and I doing that constantly). We have decided to see if we get any interest in January, and then list with a realtor starting in February if not. Everyone seems to agree that that plan makes the most sense. Now that the holidays are over and rates are down, more people are interested in buying again (or so I've been told). :)
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Christmas with the cousins!See more Daybooks at Peggy's site... http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
I used to visit Shipsewana, too, when I lived in Illinois. I do miss it! Sounds like you're on the right track with leaving the sale of your home with the Lord. About 5 years ago, we were forced to sell our home when my husband lost his job. It was only over a year old and the market was overflowing with new builds. We were told we would have to expect a big loss. It was so discouraging. But then a realtor contacted us and said, I have a buyer for your home. Will you list it with me for 1 day for $20,000 more than you're asking? We said, "Yes" and the very first buyer who came bought it at a profit to us! The Lord provided exactly what we needed and then moved us 600 miles to the desire of our hearts.
ReplyDeleteWe could not even have imagined His plan! But He knew all the time the plans He had for us.
Be blessed,
Lea