Monday, January 12, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (January 12, 2009)...
Outside my window...
The sky is clear, but we are supposed to get another blizzard tonight and tomorrow... we're ready, so we don't mind. Plus, all of this snow is beautiful!
I am thinking...
that the girls are going to have so much fun sledding today after they do their schoolwork! I love to see them have fun (and join in, too!)
I am thankful for...
Nate's day off today. The weekend was full of church needs, and the kids (and I!) are looking forward to having a few hours with him today. I don't want to sound ungrateful for our church... we are grateful that he is able to serve at Trinity, and that the needs are being addressed- it's just nice to send time with him occasionally! :)
From the learning rooms...
We have math, copywork (thank you cards for Katy, phonics and letters for Hannah), Heidi, Pilgrim's Progress, a few books about the Renaissance focusing on the arts for History, learning about beach words for Spanish, Bible memorization, Scripture study, and studying more marine life for Science. I think that's all- of course, I'll get upstairs and realize I left out something completely obvious, but oh, well!
From the kitchen...
orange and dried cherry bread for breakfast, ham and cheese stromboli for lunch with applesauce, and spaghetti with garlic bread and salad for dinner. Maybe freezer cookies for a movie later (we have been planning on having an extra movie night to make up for the weekend- so the blizzard will provide us with the right opportunity!).
I am wearing...
khaki's with a red shirt and super soft fuzzy socks with my slippers (of course!).
I am creating...
my garden grid for the spring. I am thinking about incorporating some of the Square Foot Gardening techniques...
I am going...
to be stuck in the house all week due to the snowstorms predicted (one Monday-Tuesday, and one Thursday-Friday)... I'd be amazed if my mom's group wasn't cancelled (again!) due to weather. I already have my shopping done, and we don't have small group this week, so we're set.
I am reading...
Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. Okay, so he looks a little Amish, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! The Amish have amazing gardens!
I am hoping...
that I can get more boxes to pack with at Wal-mart some time soon- I was too tired this morning, and now who knows when I'll be able to? :)
I am hearing...
the girls playing horses, the dishwasher running, and my bread machine whirring.
Around the house... the bathroom still needs to be finished, so I'm thinking maybe I should surprise Nate and do it- he's just so busy he hasn't had a chance.
One of my favorite things...
the view from our big picture window of all the birds at the birdfeeder and Maple (our big tree out front).
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Keep packing, cleaning and organizing, play in the snow, sledding, and dying the silkies that Whitney was kind enough to let me buy off of her. I can't wait to do that today with the girls and then to see them play with them!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Breakfast!!! The african violet in the back is from Nate's great-grandmother's plant... it's doing so well, I need to re-pot it again.

See more Daybooks at Peggy's site...
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Lovely picture. Good luck with your snow storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Colleen! It was so nice of you to stop by for a visit today. I got those lovely charm packs from ebay for about $5.00 each. There are so many more that I'd like to have but I am requiring myself to make what I have with these sets first!

    I am reading Square Foot Gardening too. Hopefully my garden will be successful this year. I even have the set of videos because I need the extra help! LOL

    Your daybook is just lovely. I've enjoying peeking into your day.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete