Friday, June 25, 2010

A visit up to Traverse City



Nate preached up in Michigan again last weekend. We took the opportunity to go up and introduce Bekah to his grandparents and go by GG's house for a quick visit and to pick up his parent's pop up camper (we hope to use it in August). It was great to see Grandpa Paul and Grandma Virginia, and Grandma Mary and Uncle Craig, too! It was a busy, crazy time (isn't it always?), but it was fun. Lauren (a friend from church) joined us on our trip, and she even enjoyed herself! :) Ha ha! We stayed at the Hendrien's but everyone was gone down to Arkansas except Bill and Will. We had so much fun anyways... we visited with all of Will's animals several times (he even took them into his sheep pen while we were packing... so exciting for them! And we had a great time at the fellowship meal after church at one of the church families' houses. I appreciate visiting with them because they are so laid back about having company over. I have a hard time with that, and so do many women. Thankfully, I'm in a position where people just stop by our house quite frequently- so I've had to get used to just letting myself relax and not stressing out too much about it if someone sees the stack of mail that's waiting to be sorted or the train tracks are laid out across the living room floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment