Monday, May 31, 2010

Multitude Mondays

The list of things to do seems endless today, and I wonder how I'll ever get it all done... but even if I do, there would be another list waiting for me tomorrow. In a society that looks down on home-making mothers, it's hard to not feel as if everyone around you thinks what you are doing is unimportant, irrelevant, and a waste of a good college education and career. But I know a few people who don't... and they are the most important ones...


Thank you Lord for giving me such a wonderful family and such responsibility- even when it's overwhelming, and God bless those who are feeling overwhelmed as they start their unending lists this morning amidst love and chaos.

131. baby girl kicking me as I type this (over and over again)

132. runny noses and coughs improving each day

133. salad straight from the garden

134. the smell of rain and the sound of thunder

135. the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom

136. the look of awe and respect on the children's faces when they realize our neighbor's son is in a wheelchair because he was fighting to defend all of us.

137. being able to rely on the peace of Christ while the world around us contracts and cries out in pain

138. the sound of all four older children helping Daddy put the finishing touches on the bunk beds.

139. the date night Natie and I had on Saturday... we need to do that more often!

140. special Mommy-Hannah time at Schoops yesterday- we split onion rings and had a Green River shake. Hannah called it the best day ever!

Stop by Ann's site to make your own list...




holy experience

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my list! I enjoyed reading yours are thank God for your baby kicking and your neighbor's sacrifice for our freedom!
    Have a great week!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen,
    I join you in gratitude for rain and the freshness that it brings, and for date night! How fun is that?!
    Your list in thoughtful and I feel so blessed by your blog. I am glad I stopped by today.
    Grace to you
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. 133. salad straight from the garden

    I wish I had a bigger yard for a garden! Such joy in that when I was a child - and eating the things we picked!!

    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful to meet you and share in your thankfulness today. Simply beautiful, simply today.

    Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you.

    New to the gratitude community,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have some runny noses and coughs improving every day! Salad right from the garden, mmmmmmmmmhhhmmm!

    Nice to meet you! Found you over at A Holy Experience. Looking forward to connecting with you lots more!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Traci
    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete