Monday, February 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook Returns!

As I start to settle into life as a mother of 5 children ages 8 and under, I thought I'd bring back my Daybook. It is such a fun way of being able to remember things later that I can't resist it...


FOR TODAY
(February 8, 2010)...
Outside my window... it's clear for now- but 12-15 inches of snow is coming!
I am thinking... about doing Mystery of History for school. So hard to choose...
I am thankful for... my boppy pillow and the pink ball of cuddles perched on it so close to me.
From the learning rooms... making Valentine's Day cards tomorrow with glitter and glue everywhere, I'm sure! :)
From the kitchen... steel cut oats with cream and blueberries, leftover chicken noodle soup with bread, and homemade mac n' cheese with veggies and ham in it.
I am wearing... warm fleecy pjs and socks- it's cold out there!
I am creating... a big shelf for the girls' things (actually, Nate wanted to do the work- I'm just the one with the vision!).
I am going... nowhere in the next day or two, if the weather is going to produce the blizzard they keep predicting!
I am reading... Morning and Evening by Spurgeon... about all I can handle for right now.
I am hoping... that Bekah sleeps through the night tonight.
I am hearing... thw wind picking up, and Stephen "reading" quietly to himself in his sleep.
Around the house... the dining room cabinets got a much needed re-organizing today, as did the workshop.
One of my favorite things... the anticipation of a blizzard through a child's eyes. Mine see snowmen when they hear blizzard. :)
A few plans for the rest of the week: Hot cocoa and popcorn again tomorrow, organize the pantry, dig out the sewing projects and try to fix the sewing machine, start planning next year's school, and have fun with the children.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

I love seeing the boy all bundled up like this!



Stop in and see Peggy if you'd like to keep a Daybook, too! http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment