Sunday, December 28, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (December 29, 2008)...
Outside my window... it's still dark, but it's supposed to be sunny and in the 40's, so I'm excited about the sunshine!
I am thinking... of all that I have to do to make the house presentable for showing again. The flu took all of my time (and energy) the past few days, and the holidays stole the past few weeks. (Take a deep breath and try not to be overwhelmed, Colleen!) :)
I am thankful for... my fuzzy blue slippers that my Natie bought me 10 years ago... they are such a blessing on cold mornings!
From the learning rooms... we still have this week off, so I'm going to try to finish packing all non-essentials to put in storage so if and when we move it won't be such a huge ordeal. Plus, that makes for less clutter which = less mess, right??? ;)
From the kitchen... buttermilk bread, bananas, applesauce, rice pudding, french toast casserole for dinner ( can you tell we're all on various forms of the BRAT diet still?).
I am wearing... my red snowflake pajamas, fuzzy pink socks and fuzzy blue slippers. My, I am a colorful person (not necessarily matching, though!).
I am creating... my grocery lists for January (I'm almost done-whoo hoo!), and my school schedule for the upcoming term (I'm almost done with that- it just needs revision).
I am going... to a New Year's party at the Swerens... they were kind enough to include us, since we don't have family close by... it should be lots of fun!!!
I am reading... all of my seed catalogs! I've gotten six so far and I just devour them and daydream...
I am hoping... that people start getting interested in buying houses again now that the holidays are over- I'm ready for all of this to be over! :)
I am hearing... nothing. Okay, maybe me sipping my homemade chai (mmmm.......), but that's about it. Oh, and the furnace kicking on.
Around the house... the Christmas decorations are almost all packed. This is the first time I've ever done that this early (I like to leave them out until New Year's Day), but time is of the essence and I don't want the house to be cluttered when we show it.
One of my favorite things... the supplements from beeyoutiful.com. If I wouldn't have taken the Tummy Tuneup when we all came down with the stomach flu I would be in sorry shape right now.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Pack, pack, pack. Plan, pack some more, cook, and party!
Here is picture thought I am sharing... the farmhouse we are praying to buy!


See more Daybooks at Peggy's site...
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment